St. John College of Health Science is a privately owned health College located in Mbeya City; near the bus stop popularly known as Mwanjelwa. From the Mwanjelwa Bus stop just follow the direction indicated on Old Airport. The college is situated at Hali ya Hewa on your right hand side.
The St. John college of Health Science has enough learning facilities ranging from Training Staff, Library, Computer Laboratory, Laboratories and hostels.
Currently the College offers to Courses as follows for 2018/2019
- Ordinary Diploma in Pharmaceutical Sciences (NTA level 04-06, three years)
- Ordinary Diploma in Clinical Medicine (NTA level 04-06, three years)
- Ordinary Diploma in Nursing and Midwifery (NTA level 04-06, three years)
- Ordinary Diploma in Nursing and Midwifery(In-Service) (NTA level 06, one year)
- Technician Certificate in Pharmaceutical Sciences (NTA level 04-05, two years)
- Technician Certificate in Nursing and Midwifery (NTA level 04-05, two years)
- Technician Certificate in Clinical Medicine (NTA level 04-05, two years)
- Basic Technician Certificate in Community Health (NTA level 04, One Year)
NB: A College is registered by the Ministry of Health, Community Development, Gender, Elderly and Children to offer the above mentioned courses and follows the authorized curriculum.
The St. John College of Health Science will become Nationally recognized for the liberal learning that first empowers and ask students to become self-directed, academically grounded intellectually engaged and socially responsible citizens who understand and respect the diversity of the National and different cultures and people. Secondly, prepare our students from their first day on campus to make wise academic and co-curricular choices leading to satisfying professional future and become truly educated women and men, ready for life in a complex and competitive world.
The St. John College of Health Science inspire its students and staff to form them intellectually and personally engaged for a meaningfully and ethical work in multicultural, national and global society. Working together with passion and commitment to foster learning, broaden knowledge and enrich culture through pedagogical innovation scholarships and creative expression in utilizing resources.